Thank you for your patience, flexibility, and continued engagement with music. We are looking forward to slowly and safely reopening our business for private instruction. As we have discussed how best to do this, it was of the utmost importance to us that we be able to provide you and our faculty with options to ensure everyone is comfortable and safe. To that end, we will continue making remote lessons through ZOOM an option for you if you so choose. Here are our guidelines for the near future:
- Voice lessons must be conducted via ZOOM for the time being.
- For in-person lessons, ACMS will be implementing safety procedures including:
- Spacing teacher schedules so that there is a 10-minute break between lessons to allow for classroom sanitization
- Requiring students to wait for their lessons in their vehicle until their instructor comes out to meet them
- Requiring all adults and children ages 10 and over to wear masks while on-site
- If a student wishes to continue lessons via ZOOM, they must enroll in Direct Billing through ACMS. Please call 512-474-2331 or email email@example.com.
Why no voice lessons in the building? In short, because studies are showing that singing is one of the most effective ways to spread the virus and we want to keep you and our customers as safe as possible. Last May several of the nation’s leading singing and choral organizations put together an expert panel to discuss what singing will look like for the time being. You can read an article summarizing the conversation by visiting this link.
To sign up for private lessons, please start by filling out the form below. Based upon your submission, the Director of Programs will contact one of our teachers who fits best. That teacher will then get a hold of you directly and arrange a meeting time. For more information about what instruments and what ages we offer lessons for, please see our program page for private instruction.
Beginning June 1, 2017, private instruction tuition will be $32.50 for 30-minute lessons, $48.75 for 45-minute lessons, and $65 for an hour of instruction. The Armstrong Community Music School has a one-time $35 registration fee per family. This charge covers all of our programs and is valid for an entire household.